Skip to main content

Housing Benefit Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a change in circumstances for my benefit?

This needs to be done in writing and you can do this online.

I need to notify the benefit section that I have moved address?

This needs to be done in writing and you can do this online.

I need to report a benefit fraud?

All benefit fraud enquiries are through the Department of Work and Pensions. You can report this online or over the phone. Telephone: 0800 854 440. 

How do I apply for benefits?

You can do this online.

Will I qualify for benefits?

We cannot advise if you would or wouldn't, its calculated on your income and your family situation, the only way that you will be able to find out is if you use the benefit calculator. It will give you a calculation once you have put in your details. 


Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.