Skip to main content

Council and other social housing

Applying for council or housing association properties

The Council, along with a number of housing associations, have properties to rent in the Cheshire West and Chester area.

If you are interested in renting a council or housing association property you must firstly register with West Cheshire Homes to find out if you are eligible.

Housing Associations in Cheshire West


You can find out more about eligibility in our allocations policy on the housing policies, strategies and research page of this website.

Information for council tenants in Ellesmere Port, Neston and Winsford

Please note

The housing management provider for all Cheshire West and Chester Council homes in Ellesmere Port, Neston and Winsford is ForHousing, part of the ForViva group.

For information on paying your rent and leaseholder charges see below.

Council housing management contract

Our council housing is managed and provided by ForHousing.

You can read more about how tenants can be involved in having a say about their homes below

You can view the Councils housing policies online.

Further information

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact