Skip to main content

Commercial boat licences

This page provides information about commercial boat licences. Commercial boat licences are needed should you wish to hire out your boat to members of the public.

Apply online

You can apply for or renew a commercial boat hire licence on the Gov.UK website.

  • Apply for a pleasure licence
  • Apply to renew a boat hire licence

Commercial boat licence fees

The fees for 2016 are:

Commercial boatsFee

Pleasure launches (per seat)


Self drive motor boats (two seats)


          each individual seat


Rowing/Pedal boat (two seats)


          each individual seat


Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.