Skip to main content

Types of noise the Council can help with

Generally speaking the Council will investigate ongoing or regular noise problems. If the noise is a one-off or limited in duration, for example, a party, the Council is unlikely to be able to help you. The exception to this is alarms. Other examples of noise that the Council is unlikely to help with are:

  • children playing, for example in a garden, public space or park
  • babies crying
  • voices unless it is unreasonably loud or at unreasonable times
  • everyday domestic noise, for example washing machines, vacuuming, mowing lawns, boilers
  • rowdy behavior outside – this is a police matter
  • traffic noise including essential roadworks and maintenance
  • railway noise including essential maintenance
  • aircraft noise

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.