Information on building regulations can be found on this page. Building regulations exist to ensure buildings are properly designed and constructed, so that buildings ensure the health, safety and welfare of people using them and are convenient to use.
Where to find help
Customers can currently apply online via the Submit a Plan website service.
Book a site inspection
During the course of your building work, our surveyors will carry out various inspections at key stages of the work.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7027
- By post: Cheshire West Building Consultancy - Winsford Office, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
Guidance on submitting planning applications in Cheshire West and Chester can be found on the Planning and Building Consultancy pages of this website. Information from other organisations and documents to read and download can be found below.
Application forms and supplementary charges
For the latest building control fees for your application, please contact the building control support team on 0300 123 7027 (and select option two).
The Planning Portal
The Planning Portal is the online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales.
- Approved documents (notifiable work)
- Building regulations
- Competent person self certification schemes (enabling trades people to self-certify work that complies with building regulations)
- Energy performance certificates
- Site inspections: key stages to request a site inspection
- Unauthorised work (regularisation) (what to do if you carry out unauthorised work)
Cheshire Fire and Rescue
Information from Cheshire Fire and Rescue.