Corrective application of section 19(2)(a) and paragraphs 6 to 9 of the Commons Act
On 15 December 2014 regulations came into effect for applications to be made to the Commons Registration Authority (CRA) to amend the registers of Common Land and Village Greens in some circumstances. These include:
- correction of a mistake made by the CRA in making or amending entries on the register of Common Land or Town and Village Greens
- removal of land/buildings that were wrongly registered either as Common Land or Town and Village Greens (schedule 2 paragraph six to nine)
Information about the regulations can be found below.
Application process and fees
Applications must be made on the statutory forms (LINK) provided on the Gov.UK website. Applications received using other forms will be returned. Commons registration application firms can be found on the Gov.UK website.
Decisions will be made by either the Registration Authority or the Planning Inspectorate. If an application is successful the relevant register will be updated.
Please note: this is not a quick process and has no specific target period for determination
If you are making an application under Schedule 2 a fee of £1,000 must be submitted. Please be aware, any application requiring a decision by the Planning Inspectorate may incur further fees.
Applications and fee payments can be made in the following ways.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01606 288612 to pay with a credit/debit card.
- By post: Local Land Charges, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
An acknowledgement will be sent out following receipt of a valid application. Any further information required should be provided as soon as possible to allow the application to be determined.
Before submitting an application you are advised to view the guidance provided on the Gov.UK website.