PlusBus and Dial a Ride (community transport)
Throughout Cheshire West and Chester, including its rural areas, the Council promotes many different community and voluntary transport schemes. These include services for people with disabilities. All vehicles are equipped with lifts for wheelchair users.
The Council has a responsibility to improve highway access for disabled people. This includes action such as dropped kerbs and footpaths, laying tactile paving and designated parking bays for disabled people and signs in public car parks.
Where to find help
To speak to Cheshire West and Chester Council regarding Community Transport Schemes contact us below:
- Telephone 0300 123 7039
- By post: Transport Commissioning Team, 1st Floor, Northern Lights Business Park, Rossfield Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 3AW
PlusBus in Chester and Ellesmere Port and Neston
PlusBus is a door-to-door minibus service for those who have mobility difficulties and cannot use public transport. The service is run by ECT in partnership with Cheshire West and Chester Council.
- Bookings, registrations and general enquiries: 0151 357 4420 open 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Cancellations: 0151 357 4425 9am to 10.30pm weekdays.
- Urgent operational problems: 0151 357 4429 9am to 5.30pm weekends
- Women's Safe Transport: 0151 357 4423 9am to 5.30pm weekends
Ellesmere Port and Neston Community Transport Limited
Ellesmere Port and Neston Community Transport provide affordable transport for the community including those with mobility problems. Services provided include:
- community car scheme: transportation of elderly, disabled and vulnerable people to doctors appointments, dentist appointments, hospital appointments and social visits etc
- safer evening transport: to late night meetings, social functions etc - currently running on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings
- affordable community group transport: taking many local community groups to meetings and social events etc.
- community dial a ride: providing transportation to lunch clubs and so on
The service relies on volunteers to operate - for this reason please give us at least two days advanced notice.
All individuals and organisations must be registered prior to using the service.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0151 355 3739
- Fax: 0151 355 3745
- By post: Unit A3 Stanlaw Abbey Business Centre, Dover Drive, Ellesmere Port, CH65 9BF
Flexible shuttle buses
Cheshire Community Development Trust
Community Partners Cheshire is a charity based in Anderton, Northwich. It runs a number of schemes.
- Telephone: 01606 784100 for information and bookings on any of the schemes listed below.
Dial a Ride
The Dial a Ride scheme is a door to door transport scheme for people who find using public transport difficult. All the minibuses used are wheelchair accessible and bookings are taken the day before the passenger wishes to travel. To use the Dial a Ride you must complete a membership form and become a registered user.
- Northwich Dial a Ride: Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, 8.45am - 4.30pm - bookings are taken the day before you wish to travel between 9am and 11am
- Winsford Dial a Ride: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 4.30pm - bookings are taken the day before you wish to travel between 1pm and 3pm
- Frodsham Dial a Ride: Monday 9.15am to 2pm from Frodsham to Northwich and Thursday 9.15am and 4pm around the Frodsham area - bookings are taken the day before you wish to travel between 9am and 11am
This transport scheme is available to anyone living in the rural areas around Northwich and Winsford, including Oakmere, Wincham, Plumley, Anderton and Delamere. The service operates Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 4.30pm. The booking line is open from 10am - 2pm and bookings are taken the day before you wish to travel.
Women’s safe transport
This is an evening pre-bookable door to door transport service operating in and around the Northwich area. Bookings are taken between 1.30pm and 3.30pm. This service only operates on a Wednesday and Thursday evening and is open to any female.
Cheshire Community Car Scheme
The service is available to people who are without private transport or who are unable to access public transport to make their journey. The Community Car Scheme can help you with your journey to appointments i.e. dental, opticians, doctors, and social activities such as visiting friends or relatives. With a group of car owners each volunteering a little of their time, they are able to help you, your neighbours and friends with transport. There is a charge of 50p per mile, with a minimum fee of £2.50.
To use the service you will need to become a member of the community car scheme, for this there isan Annual Administration Fee of £20 per registered passenger. Please note; requests must be made 48hrs before you wish to travel.
Code of Conduct
Code of conduct for drivers and passenger assistants transporting children and adults (PDF,325KB)