How to submit an insurance claim
Information for claimants solicitors and claims handlers
Please note that our appointed claims handling agents for public liability, employers liability and motor claims are:
For claims where the accident date is prior to 1 April 2014
- By post: Topmark Claims Management Ltd, 160 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB
- Telephone: 0141 331 6831
Any claims being made via the Portal should be directed to them under organisation ID – D00073.
For claims where the accident date is between 1 April 2014 and 31 March 2017 inclusive
- By post: Zurich Municipal Casualty Claims, PO Box 568, 1 East Parade, Leeds, LS1 2UA
- Policy No: QLA-02U007-0023
Any claims being made via the Portal should be directed to them under organisation ID – C00108.
If the claim does not qualify for the Portal, please submit your claim to one of the addresses below (as for unrepresented claimants).
For claims where the accident date is on or after 1 April 2017
- By post: Gallagher Bassett, Wentworth House, Turnberry Park Road, Gildersome, Leeds, LS27 7LE
- Email: uk.teamKA.email@example.com
Any claims being made via the Portal should be directed to them under organisation ID – D00019
Information for unrepresented claimants
Please submit your claim in writing to one of the following addresses, depending on the type of claim you are making.
Claims for personal injury and/or vehicle damage as a result of a defect on the adopted highway
If you are not sure if your claim relates to a defect on the adopted highway, please refer to the Public Map Viewer below and follow the steps provided, to see purple lines on the map identifying all the adopted roads within the borough.
- Select the + icon to add data
- Select the triangle to the left of 'Transport and Streets'
- Select 'adopted roads'
- Select 'add selected layer'
- Select 'close'
You can also contact the Highways Claims team by email or post.
Please provide the following information:
- A description of how the incident happened
- The exact location of the incident, including any relevant photographs, maps, etc
- The direction of travel
- The date, time and weather conditions
- Details of the damage and/or injury suffered and why you believe that the Council is responsible
Claims for personal injury and/or vehicle damage as a result of a road traffic accident involving a Council vehicle, where you hold the Council responsible for the accident
All other claims