Skip to main content

Other ways to recycle bulky items

Household waste recycling centres

If you have access to a vehicle, you could make use of the Council's recycling centres. There are seven centres across West Cheshire and they accept most household and bulky waste items free of charge.  Find your nearest recycling centre.

Donate your bulky items for reuse

There are charitable groups in the area which collect good quality reusable furniture and household appliances. This option prevents items from going to landfill and has a positive social benefit.  Find out about the Changing lives in Cheshire.

Hiring skips and private waste contractors

You can dispose of bulky waste by hiring an authorised private skip or waste removal services. Remember to always use a reputable company. To ensure you don't fall foul of a fly-tipper, follow this simple checklist:

  • only deal with a company or tradesperson with a 'Registered Waste Carriers Licence'.
  • check the registration details by telephoning the Environment Agency: 08708 506506
  • get a receipt for the waste removed and take down the vehicle registration number and name of company.
  • get a number of quotes. If one seems 'too good to be true' it probably is



Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.