How to recycle electrical waste
Waste electrical and electronic equipment can be recycled in Cheshire in the following ways.
- Recycling centres take all types of electronic equipment
- Sites have bespoke facilities to enable you to drop of your waste electrical and electronic equipment recycling (WEEE)
- WEEE taken to the sites are recycled and components reused.
Changing Lives in Cheshire
- Useful electrical items are collected from the sites by the local charity to help local residents.
- Repair and reuse gives the working electrical item an extended life with another family.
- By taking your old washing machine or fridge at the recycling centre you may be helping a family who may not be able to afford a brand new item for themselves.
- Changing Lives in Cheshire (CLiC) is a government approved authorised treatment facility.
- CLiC carry out important safety checks on all electrical appliances at their facility in Winsford
- They then sell electrical appliances on at affordable prices.
- Components and materials are taken to state of the art electrical de-manufacturing facilities in St Helens, Liverpool or Manchester to be processed.
- Valuable materials such as metals and plastics can be used again in other products.