Outcomes, key actions, and our principles
In order to achieve this vision and minimise the harm from drugs in Cheshire West and Chester, the strategy will seek to deliver three interlinked outcomes:
- The population of Cheshire West and Chester live free from health harms caused by drug misuse
- Local people and communities live without crime and anti-social behaviour caused by drug misuse
- People who require treatment for drug dependency go on to full recovery.
- Increase awareness of the harms caused by drug misuse and support individuals to make positive choices for the benefit of their health and wellbeing, and that of those around them. Linked to Outcomes 1 and 2.
- Identify and support individuals with drug misuse issues. Linked to Outcome 1.
- Enable individuals identified as having a drug misuse problem to access effective treatment services and recovery support. Linked to Outcomes 1 and 3.
- Reduce levels of drug-related crime and disorder. Linked to Outcomes 2 and 3.
- Reduce levels of drug-related ambulance callouts and A and E Department attendances. Linked to Outcomes 1 and 2.
- Prevent drug-related domestic abuse. Linked to Outcome 2.
- Promote a diverse and vibrant night-time economy. Linked to Outcomes 1 and 2.
We have also identified seven ways of working that will underpin our action plans and work streams:
- Outcome focused
- Working in partnership
- Reducing inequalities
- Protecting the vulnerable
- Promoting evidence based practice
- Improving effectiveness and cost-effectiveness (value for money).