Ashton Hayes and Horton-cum-Peel Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Ashton Hayes and Horton-cum-Peel Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday, 4 May 2017.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
"Do you want Cheshire West and Chester Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Ashton Hayes and Horton-cum-Peel area to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
Information on the Referendum, Neighbourhood Plan and how you can take part in it is available in our Information Statement:
The Referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement.
The Referendum area is identical to the area of the Ashton Hayes and Horton-cum-Peel Parish Council area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on Thursday, 4 May 2017:
- He or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area;
- and his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2410.32. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 819.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below may be inspected at:
They can also be viewed on computer screens in One Stop shop areas between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday at:
- The Forum Office, Chester, CH1 2HS
- Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Northwich Customer Service Centre, 1 The Arcade, Northwich, CW9 5AS
- Ellesmere Port Library, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
- Neston Library, Parkgate Road, Neston, CH64 6QE
- Frodsham Library, Princeway, Frodsham WA6 6RX
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:
- The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
- Tarvin Library, Community Centre, Meadow Close, Tarvin, CH3 8LY
- Parish Rooms, West End, Ashton Hayes, CH3 8DG
during their normal opening hours.
Information for campaigners and campaigning groups
A guide for campaigners and/or campaigning groups has been prepared and can be downloaded:
Campaigners/or campaigning groups may register with the Counting Officer by completing the registration form: