Tarvin Neighbourhood Plan
A Referendum relating to the Tarvin Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 5 September 2019.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
Do you want Cheshire West and Chester Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Tarvin area to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The Referendum area is identified on the map. The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Tarvin Neighbourhood area.
Who is entitled to vote?
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on Thursday 5 September 2019
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area (is registered to vote and is 18 years of age or over on Thursday 5 September 2019); and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
You have to be registered to vote by Monday 19 August 2019 in order to vote in the referendum.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,509.91. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 2,507.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below may be inspected at:
The documents can be viewed online in the following Customer Service Centres:
- The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
- Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Northwich Customer Service Centre, 1 The Arcade, Northwich, CW9 5AS
- Ellesmere Port Customer Service Centre, First Floor, Ellesmere Port Library, CH65 0BG
- Neston Library, Parkgate Road, Neston, CH64 6QE
- Frodsham Library and Integrated Services, Princeway, Frodsham, WA6 6RX
All of the above centres are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Some have longer opening hours.
The documents can also be viewed online at other libraries in the borough using available computer facilities.
Paper copies are available to view at:
- Tarvin Community Centre, Meadow Close, CH3 8LY
- Tarvin Health Centre, Hallfields Road, CH3 8ET
- Tarvin Post Office, 46 High Street, CH3 8EE
- Tarvin Methodist Church, 38 High Street, CH3 8EE
- St Andrew’s Church, Church Street, CH3 8EB