You can apply for a new application or to renew your application to sell animals as pets using our application form Dog breeding application form (Word, 50KB).
Please download the application, complete it including the supporting information as appendices and send it to us via email at TST@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk indicating that you wish to pay by card.
Alternatively, you can post your application us with a cheque to Animal Health & Welfare, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 1AH.
Please note your application (including renewal applications) will not be accepted without the following supporting information.
- plan of premise
- operating procedures
- additional information required in relation to dogs on the premises
- puppy records
- feeding procedures
- cleaning procedures
- transportation procedures
- disease control policy
- health and welfare monitoring procedure
- exercise and enrichment policy
- death and escape of animals procedures
- storage of carcasses procedures
- revocation/emergency care of animals in an emergency procedure
- emergency evacuation plan
- training policy/records
- preventative health care plan which has been agreed by a veterinarian
- register of all dogs on the premise. Indicate which are used for breeding. If any dogs are retired from breeding or kept as pets, this needs to be shown on the register
- record for each bitch, giving: name, date of birth, microchip, breed, type, description, biological mother and father, KC registered details, details of any veterinary treatment and date and cause of death
- any genetic/other health screening tests that the dogs have had
- breeding record detailing dates of oestrus, if mated and outcome, whelping information including placenta passed, nmumber in litter and number/sex of puppies reared
- date of birth, sex, colour, weight and placenta passed
- worming and flea treatments - dates nad products used
- documents programme of socialisation
- microchip details
- details of sale of puppies, including date, age of puppy and purchaser name and address
- puppy contract which must include all information about the puppy, including hereditary conditions and further information about the breed itself and any conditions they are prone to
The latest guidance can be found on the Canine and Feline Sector Group website (CFSG). More information regarding the applications process can be found on our animals licences homepage.