Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Complaints and concerns about premises

There may be times when the activities on licensed premises cause problems. If a person or organisation has cause to complain their first point of contact should be the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Most premises selling alcohol need to have a specified Designated Premises Supervisor to authorise the sale of alcohol, this person must hold a Personal Licence issued by us.

You can report complaints or concerns to us:

Report an incidentTelephone: 0300 123 7737

Further information

If the Designated Premises Supervisor is unable to resolve the problem the relevant Responsible Authority should be contacted.

  • in the case of noise or obnoxious smells the complaint should be made to the Environmental Protection Team on 01244 402311
  • if it is a non emergency Crime and Disorder problem, the Police should be contacted on 01244 350000

When mediation or appropriate action taken under existing legislation is unable to resolve the complaint or concerns, the Responsible Authority or interested parties can request that the licence be reviewed. This would bring the matter before the Licensing Act Sub-Committee which has a number of options in dealing with problem premises. These include the modification of licence conditions, the removal of the Designated Premises Supervisor or, in extreme cases, the suspension or revocation of the licence.