Houses in multiple occupation licence fees
The fee for licensing is determined by the size of the property, as detailed below.
To grant a new licence
- £532: up to six habitable rooms
- £563: seven habitable rooms
- £594: eight habitable rooms
- £625: nine habitable rooms
- £655: 10 or more habitable rooms
A habitable room includes bedrooms and living rooms. It excludes kitchens, combined kitchen dining rooms, bathrooms, outhouses etc.
If you are an accredited landlord with the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS) for example, accredited by Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire East or Warrington Councils) you are eligible for a 10% reduction on the fees shown.