Shared Prosperity Fund
Supporting local businesses
The Supporting Local Business theme aims to increase productivity by creating the conditions for businesses to start-up, scale-up and innovate; and building a stronger business base which supports the delivery of our sustainable and inclusive growth objectives.
The programme has now launched and businesses are able to apply for support. For more information, please see the Let's Talk Business website.
Priority target groups
We are keen to support interventions which will:
- unlock the potential of start-ups and scaling businesses with high growth potential and increase business investment in R&D, particularly where this builds Cheshire West and Chester's competitive advantage within priority growth sectors and key frontier sector strengths in the low carbon energy sector and energy technology developments
- encourage 'better business' practices and innovation adoption across the business base and within major employing sectors
- support the growth of social enterprises and community businesses to help deliver the ambitions of our inclusive growth strategy and tackle the inequalities
- add value to place-making and investments in our arts and cultural offer by supporting creative industries and the visitor economy
We have prioritised the following interventions contained within UK Shared Prosperity Prospectus which are:
- E19: Increasing investment in research and development at the local level
- E24: Funding for new and improvements to existing training hubs, business support offers, 'incubators' and 'accelerators' for local enterprise
- E29: Supporting decarbonisation and improving the natural environment whilst growing the local economy