Age restricted products
Cheshire West and Chester Council's trading standards department hold regular age restricted products training sessions throughout the year.
Where to find help
Sessions last for about one hour 15 minutes and places cost £25 per head. The training is an ideal opportunity to ensure all your staff are fully trained and for managers/owners of premises to check their business is doing everything possible to operate with all due diligence.
Training is for both owners and staff and includes:
- what happens if an underage sale takes place
- the due diligence defence
- avoiding making underage sales
- using a 25 policy
- dealing with difficult customers
- making and recording refusals/challenges
- acceptable and fake ID (with practical session looking at fake and real cards)
- staff training (what should be covered)
- the new mandatory conditions for the sale and supply of alcohol
Posters, training logs, refusals books, literature, badges and pens will be available for you to take away and all attendees will receive their own training pack.
Further information about age related products