Skip to main content

Information for consumers

Citizens advice bureau logoCitizens Advice Consumer Service is the first point of contact for all Trading Standards queries. Advice is provided via a dedicated telephone and web based service.

Advice and assistance can only be offered by Cheshire West and Chester Trading Standards in civil cases if the consumer is vulnerable for example due to their age, learning or language difficulties. Cheshire West and Chester Trading Standards works closely with Citizens Advice Consumer Service who refer enquiries of vulnerable consumers directly to us for action. 

Where to find help

To report a matter or to seek advice please contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service. They will advise you and will also refer complex enquiries, urgent enquiries and those requiring further action to Regulatory Services.

UK European Consumer Centre for Services

eccs logoIf you happen to be in dispute with a trader located in a different country to yourself, but still in the European Union, the UK ECC may be able to provide further support and assist in the contacting of the trader on your behalf:

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.