HS2 - additional provision
Amendments between Wimboldsley and Lostock Gralam, include:
- Using more land to provide surface water drainage at the planned A530 Nantwich Road and Shropshire Union Canal North construction compounds.
- Provision of additional landscape mitigation and hedgerow planting at Wimboldsley.
- Realignment and extension of the Smoker Brook viaduct in Lostock Gralam.
- Provision of new shared-use cycle and pedestrian paths along the A556 Shurlach Road, and at Clive Green Lane.
- Changes to the designs of several highway junctions, to increase their capacity and/or reduce potential impacts of construction traffic, including:
- the A54 Newton Bank/A54 Chester Road/A530 Newton Bank/A530 Croxton Lane junction;
- the A54 Middlewich Road and Chester Road junction; and
- the A530 Griffiths Road and A559 Manchester Road junction.
- Provision of temporary traffic signals around the M6 junction 18, to reduce the potential impact of construction traffic on the A54 Middlewich Road.
- Changes to the diversion route planned for an 11kv Scottish Power Energy Network overhead line at Birches Lane.
- Removal of the borrow pit proposed at Byley.
Those whose property or interests are directly and specially affected by the Additional Provision, can submit a petition to Parliament by 5pm on Tuesday 9 August 2022. If you have any comments to be considered for inclusion within the Additional Provision petition to be submitted by Cheshire West and Chester Council, please send these by the end of Tuesday 2 August 2022 with the title HS2 Additional Provision Petition to:
Parliament's guidance about petitioning:
The Additional Provision is accompanied by an Environmental Statement (AP1 ES) and a Supplementary Environmental Statement (SES1), which between them set out the expected environmental impacts resulting from proposed changes.
A public consultation is being held on these statements with a closing date of 1 September 2022. Details:
- High Speed Rail (Crewe - Manchester) Additional Provision 1 Environmental Statement and Supplementary Environmental Statement 1 Consultation
- High Speed Rail (Crewe - Manchester) Supplementary Environmental Statement 1 and Additional Provision 1 Environmental Statement Consultation Response form (PDF)
If you have any comments to be considered for inclusion within the Additional Provision consultation to be submitted by Cheshire West and Chester Council, please send this by the end of the end of Monday 15 August 2022 with the title HS2 Consultation to: