Collective energy switching
Cheshire West and Chester Council’s collective energy switching scheme known as ‘Ready to Switch?’ is now taking registrations for the latest round.
What are the benefits?
- The scheme is free to use
- There is no obligation
- Switching is easy
- In previous rounds residents have realised savings of up to £200 a year.
- You can switch regardless of whether you use a credit or prepayment meter
How does it work?
The scheme is a reverse auction where energy suppliers are invited to bid their lowest tariffs to supply energy to all those registered for the scheme.
After the auction, individual offers are sent out to those participating who can then decide whether they want to switch to the new deal. You do not have to accept the offer if you don't wish to.
- Deadline to register: 12 February
- Offer letter/email: 26 February
- Deadline to accept offer: 27 March
You will need to provide:
- Your contact details
- The name of your supplier
- Details of your current energy usage and tariff (from a copy of your latest energy bill)
You can register up to five households using the same email address so why not register family and friends without internet access?
Ready to switch