Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Report benefit fraud

Benefit fraud is where someone is getting benefits that they're not entitled to. This usually happens if someone has not told us about a change or they gave information on a claim form that isn't true.

How do I report it?

If you know of anyone claiming benefits such as Housing Benefit or Job Seeker's Allowance then you need to report this to Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

You need to tell us if they are getting Council Tax Reduction. Let us know if you suspect someone has:

  • given false information on a claim form
  • not reported a change of circumstance
  • moved out of the property they claim a reduction for
  • not declared all members of their household
  • not told us that their partner lives with them
  • continues to claim after starting work
  • not told us about all of their income (for example; private pensions or self employed earnings)
  • not declared their savings, capital or ownership of a property.
Report fraud

What happens next?

We will look at the information that you give us and see if this will mean that their benefit needs to change. If it does, we will investigate and take action if we need to.

Sometimes we don't need to take action, as they may have already told us or it doesn't change what benefits they receive. We also won't be able to give you any information or updates from something you have reported.

For anything else email