Information for grave owners
When you purchase a grave space you become the owner of the exclusive rights of burial for the grave on a leasehold basis. This means you are granted the right to say who can be buried in the grave and your permission must be obtained to allow memorials to be installed on the grave. You are not the owner of the land.
Cemetery rules and regulations
So that our cemeteries and crematorium are safe, dignified and respectful places we have cemetery and crematorium rules. If you are a grave owner please read the rules. They include information about your responsibilities as well as describing what size of memorial is allowed.
Please note, during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please maintain social distancing when visiting the cemetery grounds.
We only allow memorial masons who are registered with us to work in our cemeteries. This is to help ensure work is carried out safely, to a good standard and considerately. A list of current, registered masons is given below. If you require a memorial to be installed or work to be carried out on a memorial you should employ the services of one of the registered masons.
- Address: 27 Brookway, North Cheshire Trading Estate, Prenton, CH43 3DS
- Phone number: 01516 082578
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Overleigh Road, Handbridge, Chester, CH4 7HN
- Phone number: 01244 680 704
- Fax number: 01244 671 772
- Email address: email@example.com
Buckley Memorials Limited
Heritage Stone (uk) Ltd
- Address: 7 Ketlan Court, River Lane, Saltney, CH4 8SB
- Phone number: 01244 680 123
- Fax number: 01244 680 321
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mossfords Memorials Limited
Whitby's Memorials Limited
- Address: Unit A, Calamine Street, Macclesfield, SK11 7HU
- Phone number: 01645 615500
- Email address: email@example.com
Say It In Stone
- Address: Rear of Chester Fireplaces, Saltney, Chester, CH4 8SE
- Phone number: 01244 980099
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Owners of the exclusive burial rights for graves (usually referred to as ‘grave owners’) are responsible for the safety of any memorials on the grave. In addition, as a burial authority, we have general powers that allow action to be taken to address danger arising from the condition of a memorial. Any action taken by us will be proportionate and sensitive, taking into account visitor safety and the needs of the bereaved.