Skip to main content


Hedges owned by us are cut according to the plant species and location. Hedge cutting takes place ensuring legislation is met in terms of the bird nesting season.

How often are hedges cut?

Our scheduled work is carried out between October and November.

How do I report it?

If the area has a speed limit of 40 miles per hour (MPH) or less then this needs to be reported to Streetcare. If you don't know the speed limit, you can report it using the same form.


If it is over 50 MPH, this needs to be reported to highways. 


I've already reported an issue

You can check the progress of the report using the forms above. You can also use this to provide an update.

What if the hedges are on private property?

If they are overhanging onto a public road or footpath, it is the responsibility of whoever owns the land they are on to maintain them. If there is an area where this has happened, we will contact the land owner and ask them to take action.

If they do not do this within a reasonable timescale, we will issue them with a formal notice. If they still have not done what was requested, we will cut them back and charge the land owner for this, this can take six months to action. 


Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.