Cheshire West and Chester Domestic Abuse Partnership
Cheshire West and Chester Domestic Abuse Partnership (CWACDAP) provides a forum for effective multi-agency strategy, action and networking on domestic abuse.
The Partnership addresses domestic abuse priorities through the provision of specialist services and initiatives:
- awareness raising
- early intervention for survivors and their children
- better policing
- effective risk assessment and safety planning
- more effective criminal justice interventions
- professional support through the criminal justice system
- programmes to address the behaviour of perpetrators of domestic abuse
- refuge provision for survivors and their children
Specialist services such as the West Cheshire Domestic Abuse Intervention and Prevention Service (DAIPS) work closely with the specialist domestic violence courts in Chester and Ellesmere Port and co-ordinate Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferencing for high-risk victims of domestic abuse.