Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Services for men

Men may find it difficult to disclose abuse and to get the help you need and deserve. You may be physically, emotionally or sexually abused by your partner.

Where to find help

Men have exactly the same rights as women to be safe in their own homes. All statutory services (such as Police, Crown Prosecution Service, Housing Department and Social Services) have a duty to provide services to all - male or female.

Men are protected by exactly the same laws as women - anyone who has assaulted another person, regardless of the gender, can be prosecuted.

  • If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger telephone the police on 999.
  • For non emergency police matters telephone 101.

You can also contact our Domestic Abuse Intervention and Prevention Service on 0300 123 7047 option 2 (during office hours) or the national 24 hour domestic abuse helpline on 0808 2000 247.

Specialist men's support is available from the national Men's Advice Line and Mankind. You can also access all services listed on the where to find help if you’re an adult webpage.