Skip to main content

Sexual violence

Sexual violence may be part of the domestic abuse or may be perpetrated by someone not known to the victim. In either case you can get support from independent sexual violence advisors through counselling and group work. You will be listened to, respected and believed. 

Where to find help

RASASC (Cheshire and Merseyside) - a registered charity committed to supporting people who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse no matter how long ago it occurred or what happened. They have been providing support to people affected by sexual violence since 1995.

  • Telephone: 01244 907710 or 01925 221546 
  • Opening hours: 9am-4pm Monday - Friday  

Chester Sexual Abuse Support Service - established in Chester for 15 years and offer telephone information, signposting and face to face specialist counselling to women and men aged 18 and over who have experienced sexual violence at any time in their lives. They are affiliated to Rape Crisis England and Wales. The telephone support line is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8pm.

  • Email:
  • Telephone support line: 0808 2840484 (Freephone)
  • General enquiries/appointments: 01244 307499

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - a comprehensive and co-ordinated forensic, counselling and aftercare service to men, women and children living in the Greater Manchester and Cheshire area who have experienced rape or sexual assault, whether this has happened recently or in the past.

  • Telephone: 0161 276 6515

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.