Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Where to find help if you are a child living with domestic abuse

If your Mum, Dad or an adult who is looking after you is experiencing abuse it is important you do not get involved. You need to seek help and go to a safe place. This could be to a relative, neighbour or school. If you can, call the police on 999 and let them know what is happening.

We will work with the police to help you to keep safe. They will give you lots of support to help you. You might be feeling confused, anxious, angry, afraid, isolated, ashamed, guilty.

There are lots of websites that have information to help you:

  • The hideout - helps children and young people to understand domestic abuse and how to take positive action if it's happening to you.
  • Childline – for all young people whatever you’re going through.
  • What's okay at home – What’s OK at home? Gives advice for 10 – 17 year olds and your adult allies.
  • Starting well – support for children and young people. Worries could include relationships, moving to secondary school, self-harm, low mood and depression.
  • Disrespect nobody – relationships can be confusing and it can be difficult to understand what is and isn’t normal behaviour. Read up on the different types of abuse, get advice and have a look at the organisations that can help

You can also visit one of our local youth clubs or groups for support.

Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (Cafcass)

Cafcass work with children and young people in family court cases. They make sure your voice is heard and decisions are taken in your best interests. You can find more information on the cafcass website.