Shopmobility West Cheshire provides daily use of mobility scooters, powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs to enable people with mobility difficulties to access shops and other facilities from Shopmobility centres across the Cheshire West and Chester area.
Customers may join the Shopmobility West Cheshire membership scheme (ideal for regular users) or alternatively use the services as non-members (i.e. occasional or one-off users).
Membership of the scheme enables customers to hire equipment from any of the four Shopmobility centres across the Cheshire West and Chester area at a daily rate of £4.
Non-members can hire equipment at a daily rate of £12. Use of the service is subject to registration together with sight of two forms of identification.
The service also offers a wide range of independent living aids (including wheelchairs, walking frames and mobility scooters) for sale or longer term loan, in addition to a repair and maintenance service.
Shopmobility West Cheshire locations
DIAL West Cheshire
DIAL West Cheshire: Chester office
- Address: Kaleyards car park, off Frodsham Street, Chester, CH1 3JH
- Telephone: 01244 312626
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30am - 4.30pm
DIAL West Cheshire: Ellesmere Port office
- Address: 6 Mercer Walk, Port Arcades, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 0AP
- Telephone: 0151 355 1420
- Opening hours: Thursday to Saturday, 9.30am - 4.30pm
DIAL West Cheshire: Northwich office
- Address: The Information Centre, 1 The Arcade, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 4AS
- Telephone: 07878 837111
- Opening hours: Thursday and Friday, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Availability of equipment is subject to servicing, repairs and/or demand. Advance booking is recommended.
Shopmobility West Cheshire
- Non-Cheshire West and Chester residents - £35
- Cheshire West and Chester residents - £30
Single day hire (return on same day)
- Members - £4
- Non-members - £12
Multi day hire (overnight - up to seven days)
Members and non members
- Mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs: £15 per day
- Manual wheelchairs, rollators and ramps: £8 per day
All customers will be given instruction in the safe use of equipment and must demonstrate their competence to use such equipment. Shopmobility West Cheshire reserves the right to decline the hire of equipment or to request evidence from a general practitioner (GP), optician or other qualified assessor about a customer's ability to operate mobility equipment safely.