Skip to main content

Disability advice for parents and carers

Cheshire West and Chester Council currently provide the following services for children with disabilities.

Personal assistants

Cool2Care is a paid for service. It is an introductory placement agency specialising in working with families with disabled children and young people. 

Individual payments

Cheshire Centre for Independent Living will be providing un-assessed short break payments for families who do not already receive services and are in receipt of higher rate Disability Living Allowance.

Emergency carers card

The Emergency Carer's card is the size of a credit card, and is a source of identification in case of an accident or sudden emergency which can be obtained from the Carers Trust. 

Bridging workers

A Bridging Worker acts as a link or ‘bridge’ between a disabled child, their family and the setting to overcome any potential barriers that prevent the disabled child from joining the setting. Barriers may include needing specialist equipment, securing appropriate training, identifying suitable play resources, or providing transitional or ongoing support provided by a volunteer or buddy. The Bridging Worker Service aims to help young people access ‘Universal’ services- these are services which are open to all children and young people. For example brownies, scouts and other youth organisations.

If you think a bridging worker could help you, please telephone 01244 972305.


Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.