Skip to main content

Benefit advice

Financial help

If you are struggling with money and managing your budget, there are various options available for help and advice. For impartial advice on benefits, debt management and welfare rights visit the Citizens Advice website.

Mortgage and rent

If you need advice about mortgage or rent arrears, please visit our debt solutions and advice section. You can also see if you qualify for help towards your rent or help towards your mortgage, the government also offers a Support for Mortgage Interest Scheme.

Fuel bills

The government have various initiatives for help towards your fuel costs, there is the Cold Weather Payment and Warm Home Discount Scheme. You could also see if you can get any energy grants to make your home more efficient.

Water bills

Your water company can usually help you with ways to reduce your bills, the Consumer Council for Water can also give you tips and advice.

Water Sure is a new scheme from United Utilities providing financial help to domestic customers with a water meter, who use large amounts of water for essential purposes. If you claim certain benefits or have three children who live with you under the age of 19, or suffer with certain medical conditions you may qualify for help.

Other financial help