Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Certified/Competent person scheme

The certified/competent person scheme means that certain tradespersons can self-certify their own work. Once the work is completed you will receive a Building Regulations compliance certificate issued by the tradesperson’s registered body (not us). The self-certification scheme that they are registered with will also notify us that the work has been registered with them.

You will need this certificate if you come to sell your home.

If you are a tradesperson you can visit the certified/competent person scheme website for information on how to become a member.

People who are in these schemes are usually

  • electricians
  • plumbers
  • gas engineers
  • tradespeople who install windows and doors
  • injected cavity wall installers
  • wood burning and multi/fuel stove fitters

It also means that you do not need to apply for Building Regulations as they take care of that for you.