Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Apply for planning permission

Before you apply

Before you apply for planning permission, have you:

Building on or over neighbouring land

If part or all of your proposal will be carried out on or over owned by someone else (for example, by the eaves or guttering overhanging a boundary, or a new driveway across the pavement) you may not be able to proceed without your neighbour's agreement, even if you have planning permission. For your planning application to be valid you must notify your neighbour using the notice to owners form.

Give notice

You should also consider whether your proposal will be subject to the provisions of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 but this will not affect your planning application. More information on this can be found on the party walls and building work pages on the Gov.UK website.