Street naming and numbering
The address of a property is an issue of significant importance as postal and emergency services requires efficient means of locating and referencing properties. Cheshire West and Chester Council is the Street Naming and Numbering authority for the borough.
Despite the Council possessing the ability to assign and re-assign an address to a property, the responsibility of allocating a postcode falls to Royal Mail. However they will only issue a postcode for a new street when requested by the Council.
Where to find help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 7027
- By post: Street Naming and Numbering, Development Management, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 0BE
Application forms and guidance
Cheshire West and Chester Council will:
- under most circumstances, complete all applications for property name changes within five working days
- complete all applications for naming and numbering of new properties on existing streets within 10 working days from receiving payment
- approve suggested street names within 28 days of receiving payment and will complete the application for naming the properties within 10 working days from receiving postcodes from Royal Mail