Public rights of way
Public rights of way network
There are more than 1,267 kilometres of rights of way in the borough. Any changes to public rights of way must be made by legal orders.
- Definitive Map and Statement of Public Rights of Way
- Information for landowners and Gazetteer of Deposits under section 31(6)
- Applications, reports and decisions for Public Rights of Way and village greens
- Definitive map modification order applications
- Interactive mapping (On the map select 'Add data', 'leisure and culture', select an item in the folder, 'add selected layer')
- Public notices
How do I report an issue?
We are responsible for public rights of way in the Cheshire west area. If you are having problems with access, animals etc. then please tell us.
I've already reported an issue
You can check the progress of the report using our status checker. You can also use this to provide an update.
Rights of way improvement plan 2011 - 2016
Local Access Forum
Local Access Forums advise on matters that affect public access to land for recreation and other purposes. Our Local Access Forum consists of ten individuals who have volunteered from the local community. The forum is a statutory organisation which is independent of the Borough Council.
The meetings are held in public, but are not public meetings and any contribution from the public is at the discretion of the Chair.
Agendas and minutes of meetings that were held under the Cheshire Local Access Forum can be found on the Cheshire East Council website.