Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Older bus pass

Do you qualify?

If you are a permanent resident Cheshire West of state pension age you will qualify. You can see if you are of a qualifying age on the government's website.

Evidence you need

  • Proof of address - Utility bill or bank statement dated within the past three months.
  • Proof of age/identity - Passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
  • A recent passport sized photograph - Showing your full face.

Your bus pass will be valid for a maximum of five years. Passes will be issued by post direct to your home usually within 21 days of receipt of your application.

If you do not receive your pass within 28 days you must notify us, failure to do so will result in your pass being treated as a replacement and a fee will be applied.

Apply for a bus pass

Where and when you can travel

Bus pass holders are eligible for free travel on journeys in Cheshire West and Chester, Halton and Warrington during the following times:

  • Monday - Friday, 9:30am and the last bus.
  • At all times, on a Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Free travel also applies on bus services going into Wales. Providing the journey starts or ends in Cheshire West and Chester.

Other bus services in England

Travel outside of Cheshire West and Chester is free during the following times:

  • Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 11pm
  • At all times, on a Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

Can't find what you are looking for?

Visit our Concessionary travel FAQ page.