Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Comment on or object to a proposed speed limit

How to comment

You can submit your comments online, or you can write to Highway Services.

Where to find help

Make a comment

Alternatively, you can email

Please ensure you include your name, address and reasons for support or objection.

What happens when you comment on a proposed speed limit?

The highway engineer dealing with the proposed speed limit will assess your comments and form a professional review. This may involve liaising with other Council departments, Cheshire Constabulary, town and parish councils as well as assessing comments from other local residents. Based on this information officers will then weigh up all issues surrounding the proposed speed limit before making a recommendation.

What happens next?

Following the end of the consultation period, the highway engineer dealing with the proposed speed limit will let you know the outcome and the next steps. Decisions on whether to uphold an objection will be made by the Area Highways Manager. However, there may be occasions where a decision is required by our Executive Member due to more complex and contentious issues. Full details of the speed limit proposal and plans of the location will be available on either our website or from the Area Highways Team.

What happens if you are not happy with the decision?

You have no right to appeal. The lead officer for the proposed speed limit change will explain the reasoning which led to the decision being made.