Bulky item collection
Large item reuse in Cheshire helps thousands of families, saves money, provides jobs, work-placements, volunteer opportunities and retains over £1 million in the local Cheshire economy.
This is why we offer a chargeable collection service for large items such as white goods and furniture. The bulky waste service is offered to domestic households only.
How much does it cost?
- £15 per item
- A discounted rate of £10 per item is available for those in receipt of a state pension or council tax reduction (excluding single person discount).
When you make your request online you will be asked to pay online using a credit or debit card. Please be aware that refunds will only be given within the first 14 days of payment and if the items have not been collected. We will be unable to issue any refunds after this 14 day period.
What counts as an item?
A single item of furniture or a single electrical appliance will count as one item. In addition, sets of items such as the following will also count as just one item:
- a three piece suite (max 3 items e.g. sofa and matching 2 chairs)
- a table and six dining chairs
- a mattress, bed base and headboard
- carpet and underlay from one room
Items we collect
- Kitchen: Cookers, fridges and freezers (domestic), microwaves, sinks and sideboards, tumble dryers, washing machines
- Furniture: Beds, mattresses, bookcases and display cabinets, carpet and underlay, desks, dressing tables, chairs, pianos, settees/sofas, dining tables, three piece suite, wardrobes
- Electrical equipment: Computers (and monitors), televisions
- Garden / leisure: Barbecues, bikes, patio sets
- Baths, bidets and toilets, boilers and radiators, doors, fire surrounds, window frames
Items not listed above will not be collected. We are unable to take items which contain glass or mirrors.
If your bulky item(s) is reusable, please place it out for collection as close to the agreed time of collection as possible and attempt to keep it dry. Collections will be made from 8:30am.
Book a collection