Request a bulky item collection
Request the collection of a bulky item, such as a large item of furniture or an electrical appliance.
Apply for bulky waste collection
Before you apply
This service lets you choose a collection date from a list of available times.
If your bulky item(s) is reusable, please place it out for collection as close to the agreed time of collection as possible and attempt to keep it dry. Collection teams begin their rounds from 8.30am.
What does it costs per item?
- Charge per unit is £15 (what counts as an item?)
- A concessionary rate of £10 per unit is available to householders in receipt of a state pension or council tax reduction.
The payment method for the service is by credit or debit card.
Alternatively, arrangements can be made for payment by cheque. Please note that once made, payments are non-refundable.
A single item of furniture or a single electrical appliance will count as one item.
However, sets of items such as a three piece suite, a table and six dining chairs, a mattress, bed base and headboard or carpet and underlay from one room, will count as just one item.
Please check when you book your collection.
Items we collect
- Kitchen: Cookers, fridges and freezers (domestic), microwaves, sinks and sideboards, tumble dryers, washing machines
- Furniture: Beds, mattresses, bookcases and display cabinets, carpet and underlay, desks, dressing tables, chairs, pianos, settees/sofas, dining tables, three piece suite, wardrobes
- Electrical equipment: Computers (and monitors), televisions
- Garden / leisure: Barbecues, bikes, patio sets
- Miscellaneous: Baths, bidets and toilets, boilers and radiators, doors, fire surrounds, window frames
Please contact us on 0300 123 7026 for further information.
Items we do not collect
Any item from a commercial property, builders rubble and landscaping materials, domestic or garden waste, car parts, gas bottles and oil tanks, any non furniture items containing glass including greenhouses.
Other ways to recycle bulky items
Household waste recycling centres (HWRCs)
If you have access to a vehicle, you could make use of the council's Household Waste Recycling Centres. There are seven centres across West Cheshire and they accept most household and bulky waste items free of charge.
Donate your bulky items for reuse
There are charitable groups in the area which collect good quality reusable furniture and household appliances. This option prevents items from going to landfill and has a positive social benefit.
Hiring skips and private waste contractors
You can dispose of bulky waste by hiring an authorised private skip or waste removal services. Remember to always use a reputable company. To ensure you don't fall foul of a fly-tipper, follow this simple checklist:
- only deal with a company or tradesperson with a 'Registered Waste Carriers Licence'.
- check the registration details by telephoning the Environment Agency: 08708 506506
- get a receipt for the waste removed and take down the vehicle registration number and name of company.
- get a number of quotes. If one seems 'too good to be true' it probably is