Find a recycling centre
Only one permit per premises will be issued within a 12 month period. The permit is available to charities that are able to provide the details listed below and demonstrate compliance with our terms and conditions:
- Registered charity name
- Registered charity number
- Contact name of permanent employee responsible for activities
- Type of charity
- Waste carriers registration number
- Type of waste
- Expected volume of waste
- Origin of waste
- Up to five vehicle registration numbers need to be provided per permit
Permits will be granted subject the following terms and conditions:
- Waste can only be deposited at either Winsford, Ellesmere Port or Chester HWRCs. Access to any other HWRC is strictly prohibited
- Holders of a charity permit may only use the above sites on weekdays (Monday-Friday) - access will not be granted at weekends
- Waste must be segregated into individual waste streams to maximise recycling
- Only waste generated from domestic households within the borough can be deposited
Permit holders must present the following documents each time they visit the site:
- Original duty of care waste transfer note
- The authorised charity permit
The Council’s objective is to provide a cost effective, best practice Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) service ensuring all the legal requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Controlled Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2012 are met.
The above requirements will ensure the Council meets its legislative obligations in relation to charity waste in a manner that controls the impact upon wider service users.
For further information please email.