Find a recycling centre
Covid hwrc rules
You can now take your household waste to the recycling centre in a van, pickup or trailer. Usual trailer restrictions apply.
Trade waste is not to be taken to the household waste recycling centres and can only be accepted at the trade waste recycling centre.
Important COVID-19 household waste recycling centre rules
- Do not visit a site if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are in self-isolation. If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms, double bag the waste and keep it at home for 72 hours before disposal
- trade waste is not accepted at the household waste recycling centre
- no pedestrian access. Do not walk onto the site
- put your waste in the correct skip, do not mix waste or fly tip
- anyone using abusive language or intimidating behaviour towards site staff or other site visitors will be asked to leave.
- assistance can be given when unloading your vehicle. Site operatives will continue to wear a face mask when assistance is provided and it is requested that site users also wear a face mask when requiring assistance unless you are exempt
- reuse shops at Winsford, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich and Neston are open. It is requested that site users visiting the shops wear a face mask unless you are exempt
Make your visit to the recycling centre easier
- long delays and queues are likely. Please assess if your journey really is essential
- waste must be separated before travelling to the site
- please wear gloves if possible to reduce the risk of infections.
Safety and restrictions
- we do not accept asbestos, gas cylinders or tyres
- trailers over 3.5m in length (length measured from A frame connection to the rear of the trailer) are not permitted
- vehicles 3.5 tonnes and above gross vehicle weight are not permitted
- you cannot take waste onto the site by foot.