Garden waste terms and conditions
- the new service will start on 28 February 2022
- you will be able to sign up for the 2022 collection year in early December 2021
- you can subscribe at any point throughout the year, although the full subscription fee of £40 will be payable
- you will be able to have as many garden waste bins as you require
- renewal reminders will be sent to customers in advance of the new year subscription
- you can transfer your permit if you move within the borough but you should leave your existing bin at your old property
Charges and payments
- the subscription charge is £40 per bin, per year, with no concessions and no discount for further bins
- at the point of application if you are in receipt of full Council Tax reduction you will be offered a reduction of 25% (£10) on your first garden waste bin subscription. Your eligibility is assessed at the point of application only. If during the subscription year your eligibility changes and you become entitled to a reduction, you will not be offered a refund for monies already paid but if you are still eligible during the renewal process, then a discount can be applied.
- payments will be taken with a credit or debit card, online, over the telephone or at a face to face location. Cash will only be accepted by exception. Cheques will not be accepted
- if a garden bin has been removed, a charge of £21 will be applied for delivery of another, this cost is to be confirmed
- refunds will only be made for cancellations within 14 days of payment being made
Do I get a refund if my garden waste bin is not emptied?
- if your missed collection is genuinely our fault, then we will always make an effort to collect your bin as soon as possible
- refunds will not be made for any missed collections
- collections may be missed due to circumstances beyond our control (for example in cases such as the Covid pandemic, severe weather or road blockages preventing our vehicles access). Equally we may refuse a collection if your bin contains the wrong items or is too heavy.
- if your bin was not out by the scheduled time on the collection day you may also have missed the collection time
- you will retain your current garden bin/s
- no garden side waste will be taken
- garden waste is included within the assisted collections process
- customers that currently have a 140 litre garden bin can request a larger capacity 240 litre bin