Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Bridgemeadow Care Housing and Support Service Privacy Notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

  • Cheshire West and Chester Council
  • West Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group
  • Vale Royal Clinical Commissioning Group
  • Affinity Trust
  • ForHousing

Why do you need my information?

The Bridgemeadow housing scheme is a short term supporting living service for adults with a learning disability, autism or someone with a mental health condition who are either:

  • returning to the community from hospital or
  • living within the community and are at risk of being admitted to hospital under the Mental Health Act

The scheme is intended to be a safe alternative to hospital, whereby people will receive intensive health and social care support on site.

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • undertake appropriate health and social care assessments
  • ensure safe and appropriate health and social care services are delivered to each resident of Bridgemeadow, and to ensure risks are safely managed for each individual and the wider public
  • ensure that the individual has the commensurate support around their tenancy and related matters

The information that we collect about you could include (but not exclusively):

  • your name, address, picture or date of birth
  • national identifiers such as NHS number, National Insurance number etc.
  • local identifiable numbers (Liquid Logic, Carenotes etc)
  • details about your lifestyle and social circumstances
  • employment and education details
  • details about your housing needs
  • financial information
  • telephone number
  • registered GP
  • next of kin/carer/family information
  • housing benefit information

We also collect sensitive information about you called special category data. Special category data is defined as:

  • physical or mental health details
  • racial or ethnic origin
  • gender
  • trade union membership
  • political affiliation
  • political opinions
  • religious or other beliefs of a similar nature

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect your information, we do so as part of our public duties as a local authority in order to provide statutory care and support services. The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes but is not limited to:

Who will my information be shared with?

Including but not exclusively:

  • social workers
  • nurses
  • commissioners
  • doctors
  • housing association
  • care and support providers
  • hospitals
  • police/ambulance services (where appropriate)
  • GPs
  • occupational therapists, speech therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, specialist practitioners

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

The information is required to deliver safe and effective health, social care and housing services to individuals. If the relevant organisations do not have the necessary information available, this may impact on the level of service individuals receive and in some cases may preclude services being available.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Your personal information will be kept for six years.

How will my information be stored?

Data will be collected by social workers, nurses and other professionals by completing assessments, receiving client assessments, discussions in meetings, email exchanges, telephone calls etc. Data will be stored in confidential password protected files, and in confidential systems such as Liquid Logic and NHS equivalents.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

You can request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used via our Data Protection and Your Rights page and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • Online: Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?