Business Enquiry Diagnostic Form Privacy Notice
Who is the Data Controller for this processing?
We are the Data Controller for this processing.
What personal information do we hold?
We only collect and use the minimum amount of personal information required when delivering a service to you. Wherever possible we use non-identifiable personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your information to:
- deliver the service, or handle your query
- evidence positive outcomes to central government funding agencies
- contact you to follow up your enquiry for business support
Who else might we share your personal information with?
We may need to share your information with:
- Cheshire & Warrington Growth Hub
- West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce
- Cheshire & Warrington Growth Programme
- Blue Orchid
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for using your personal information are:
Where will we store your information?
Your information will be securely stored on our network.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will only use your personal information whilst delivering the service to you and to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive about this, unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period. In practice, this means that your information will be kept for 12 months then archived.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing -you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.
How to complain if you are unhappy about how your data is used
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.
- Online: Contact the DPO
- By post: Data Protection Officer, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
Will my personal information be accessible outside the UK?
Your information is stored within the UK.