Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Care home wifi privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

When you are granted access to the care home children’s wifi service at one of our care homes, we collect the following information from your device:

  • mac address
  • IP address
  • date and time logged into the system
  • site URL visited
  • apps installed on the device
  • device specification
  • device location

This is to enable us to manage access to the system for different children and ensure your safety.

We are not responsible for the content of websites you visit while using the service. We may at our sole direction restrict access to certain features and websites. If you have any concerns about this or require any further information please speak to either the care home manager, a member of the home staff or your case social worker.

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and use your personal information for accessing the care home wifi, we do so after granting consent as your legal guardian.

Who will my information be shared with?

Your information will only be shared between us and Vivio Limited. Your information may be shared with government bodies and law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation or help prevent or detect unlawful activity and in response to legal or regulatory requests.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

If you do not provide us with your information you will be unable to use the Wi-Fi.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Your information will be retained for the period you are in care and up to one month after.

How will my information be stored?

Your information will be stored on the network router in the care home and the MaaS360 platform used by Vivio Limited.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

You can request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used via our Data Protection and Your Rights page and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • withdraw consent
  • receive your information in a machine readable format
  • have to inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
Contact the DPO

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

  • By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
  • Telephone: 08456 30 60 60
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?