Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Court related fees privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit It

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information

To process the payment of court related fees on behalf of Children’s Services.

What allows you to use my information

When we collect and process your personal information for the processing of court related fees we are doing so as part of a public task under Article 6, part e of the General Data Protection Regulation.

The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes, but is not limited to:

  • Children Act 1989
  • Adoption and Children Act 2002
  • Public Law Outline of Principle Legislative Tools.

During a system replacement or update, Cheshire West and Chester, where required, may use copies of the data you provide in order to fully test the security of the system before deploying the update to a ‘live’ environment. When we do this, we are doing so under Legitimate Interests under the General Data Protection Legislation. If your personal data is used for system testing, it will be copied to a test environment to ensure that changes will be effective and will not cause loss or damage to data in the ‘live’ environment. The data we hold about you in our ‘live’ systems will not be affected in any way. Data will not be kept in the test environment for longer than is necessary for testing purposes, and data in that environment will not be used for any purpose other than testing. Appropriate security precautions and permissions will be applied to the data and any copy used for testing will be deleted as soon as the testing has been completed.

Who will my information be shared with

We will only ever share your information with teams involved with processing your payment or the delivery of health or social care.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't

When you are required to make a payment, you are doing so under a court related action.

How long will you keep this data for and why

Seven years.

How will my information be stored

Your information will be stored electronically in a secure environment.

Your rights

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please read the Data Protection and Your Rights page on this website and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request, follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team:

  • Online: Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

  • By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
  • Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me


Will my data be transferred abroad and why