Dingle Recreation Centre Lunches Privacy Notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
Cheshire West and Chester Council
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to:
- Process your lunch club booking
- Confirm your place for a meal
- Enable you to pay for your meal
- Ensure food supplied to you meets your needs and cater to any allergies
The information that we collect about you is:
- Information about you, this could include your name, address, or date of birth.
- Information about your family, this could include an emergency contact name and telephone number.
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for the Dingle Recreation Centre, we do so under a contract with you in order to process your lunch club booking.
Who will my information be shared with?
Your information will only be shared with the Locality team in order to allow them to process your luncheon club booking.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
If you do not provide us with your information we will be unable to process your lunch club booking or take your reservation.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
We will keep your information for one year in line with the Council’s corporate retention policy.
How will my information be stored?
Your information is held securely on systems within the Cheshire West and Chester Council IT network.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on the Data Protection for you webpage below.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is being used?
You can complain directly to the Council You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team by email or post.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456 30 60 60
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?