Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Disabled facilities grant application privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit It

Cheshire West and Chester Council.

Why do you need my information

Information about your health and financial circumstances is required to process your application for a Disabled Facilities Grant.

What allows you to use my information

When we collect and process your personal information for financial assistance for Disabled Facilities Grant., we do so as part of our public duties under Article 6, part (e) and Article 9 part (g) of the General Data Protection Regulation.

The Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 requires the Council to approve applications for Disabled Facilities grant if an applicant is eligible for assistance. The Act sets out the qualifying criteria and the information the Council must collect and consider when making its decision.

Who will my information be shared with

Your Occupational Therapist/Social Care Assessor will carry out an assessment of your health/physical mobility and if appropriate will make a referral for a Disabled Facilities Grant to help you with access in and around your home. The Home Assistance Hub will collect your financial information on behalf of the Council and will submit your grant application to the Council for processing. The outcome of your application will be shared with the Home Assistance Hub and your designated Occupational Therapist/Social Care Assessor.

Your information is confidential. However data may be shared without your consent for any of the following purposes:

  • the prevention or detection of crime
  • the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
  • the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or of any imposition of a similar nature.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't

If you do not provide the information we will be unable to process your application.

How long will you keep this data for and why

If you are an owner occupier, we will keep your information for 10 years if your grant is more than £5,000 as a proportion of the grant may be repayable if the property is sold. We will also keep your information for 10 years if the grant is less than £5,000 and you were assessed as having a contribution towards the cost of the works, as this can be taken into account if you make a further application in that period.

In all other cases we will keep your information for seven years as required by financial and audit regulations.

How will my information be stored

The information will be stored on the Council’s case management systems: Northgate M3/Tascomi and Liquid Logic.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
  • Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
  • Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on the Data Protection for you webpage below.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used

You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team by email or post.

  • Email:
  • By post: Phil Orchard, Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me


Will my data be transferred abroad and why