Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Early help and prevention privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit It?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • act in the best interests and promote the physical and mental health and wellbeing of children, young people and adults
  • encourage and take into account the views, wishes and feelings of children, young people and adults
  • help those children, young people and adults gain access to and make the best use of services provided by the local authority and its relevant partners to live a safe and happy life
  • promote high aspirations and seek to secure the best outcomes for children, young people and adults
  • keep children, young people and adults safe and stable in their home lives, relationships and education or work
  • prepare children and young people for adulthood and independent living
  • provide advice, emotional support, and practical assistance and safety measures

The information that we collect about you is:

  • your name, address and date of birth
  • NHS number
  • details of who you live with and who is part of your family
  • details about your lifestyle and social circumstances
  • employment and education details
  • details about your housing needs
  • details of your involvement with our partner agencies, both in the past and currently
  • an assessment of what support you need now and how we can help you in the future
  • details about your involvement with our agency

We also collect sensitive information about you called special category data. Special category data is defined as:

  • physical or mental health details
  • racial or ethnic origin, sexuality, gender and disability
  • criminal offence data under the Data Protection Act 2018, Schedule 1, Part 3, Paragraph 36

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and use your personal information for the early help and prevention service, we do so as part of our public duties as a local authority. The legislation, policies and guidance that allows us to do this includes but is not limited to.

  • General Data Protection Legislation Article 6 part e
  • Children and Social Care Act 2017
  • The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 section 115
  • The Children’s Act 1989 section 17
  • The Children’s Act 1989 section 47
  • The Children’s Act 1989 schedule 2 part 1
  • Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000
  • Children Act 2004 section 10
  • Children Act 2004 section 11
  • Welfare Reform Act 2012
  • General Data Protection Legislation Article 9 Part h
  • Data Protection Act 2018 Schedule 1, Part 3, Paragraph 36
  • Equality Act 2005

Who will my information be shared with?

Depending on the type of support you need, some of the agencies listed here might share your information. Information is only shared with partners who would be able to provide you with support.

  • Cheshire West and Chester Council services, including: education, children’s social care, housing solutions, adult social care
  • Cheshire police
  • Department for Work and Pensions
  • Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
  • local clinical commissioning groups
  • GPs
  • local hospitals, including the Countess of Chester and Leighton
  • 121 midwives
  • commissioned services including – drug and alcohol services, Cheshire and Greater Manchester Community Rehabilitation Company National Probation service
    housing agencies, including - Muir Housing, Sanctuary Housing, Weaver Vale Housing Trust, ForFutures
  • services commissioned by Early Help and Prevention including Core Assets
  • charity and voluntary agencies e.g. - Cheshire without abuse
  • Department for Communities and Local Government

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

If you do not provide us with your information we will be unable to provide you with the support you require.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

If we collect your information before you turn 18 we will keep your data until you have reached the age of 25. If you are over 18 we will keep any information you share with us for six years.

How will my information be stored?

Your information will be secured securely within our IT network.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
  • your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
  • your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?