Ellesmere Port shared services hub privacy notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
The Ellesmere Port shared services hub building will be in the heart of Ellesmere Port, providing a hub for a range of important public services including; community safety and crime prevention, housing support, employment, skills and learning guidance, welfare and benefits support, and health and wellbeing. The public services hub will be a modern, energy efficient building which forms an integral part of our 15 year vision for the town.
When we collect and use your information, we need this to:
- gather your views and feedback on Ellesmere Port shared services hub project
- if you consent, contact you by email to keep you up to date with the progress of the project and latest news
- if you consent, publish your name and comments in our reports resulting from the consultation
- analyse your comments and feedback from the consultation. When we analyse responses to the consultation we remove all personal data and deploy solutions to ensure individuals cannot be re-identified.
The information that we collect about you could include your name, email address and telephone number(s).
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for the Ellesmere Port shared hub consultation, we do so after obtaining your consent.
Who will my information be shared with?
We will not share any details you provide with third parties.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
If you do not provide us with your personal information we will not be able to contact you and keep you up to date on the Ellesmere Port shared services hub.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
We will keep your personal information for five years and destroy securely after. However, you have the right at any time to revoke your consent for any personal information you have provided. This means that we will permanently destroy any information we hold.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us:
- Email: EllesmerePortLocalityTeam@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Telephone: 0151 356 6603
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored securely within our IT network.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.
- Contact the DPO
- By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456 30 60 60
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?