Food safety training privacy notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to verify who you are so that your post examination certificate is both correct and valid. We also ask that you tell us in advance of the food safety training whether we need to make any learning adaptations for you so these can be considered. This is so that you get the best service or can be advised that the service is not suitable for your needs.
The information that we collect about you can include your name, address, and postcode, email address, date of birth and proof of identity.
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for food safety training, we do so under a contract with you. If we do not receive correct details or do not see proof of identity it will not be possible for you to complete any examination. The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes but are not limited to:
- General Data Protection Regulation Article 6 part b.
Who will my information be shared with?
The information we collect about you will only be shared with the qualification awarding body in order to issue your certificate or as part of any service audit.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?
If you do not provide us with your information then we will be unable to communicate with you about the course or issue you with your food safety qualification.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Information will be held for up to three years following the end of the year in which your certificate is issued. This is because the qualification life is three years after which a refresher is recommended.
How will my information be stored?
Your information is held securely on systems within our IT network.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post:
- By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456306060
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?